Saturday, January 28, 2012

Glass Shades Repurposed

I know Christmas is over, but I had to get out the beautiful garland that I bought last year, at an after Christmas sale.  I bought the bronzey, glass shades at ReStore, for $1.00 each,  to go with this garland.  All I did was put a battery operated votive down, and place the shade over it.  I have 3 shades, so I spaced them evenly along the garland. I love it and can't wait until next Christmas to get it back out again!  I really enjoy the look of candles, but don't love the fear of them getting knocked over or something catching on fire!

You could also use these shades on a mantel, or bookshelf without the garland.  I guess there's no need to wait until Christmas, so mine may get used again way before then!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment