Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Today's project



So many ideas were running through my head while I was in Hobby Lobby this morning. I bought things to work on several projects that can be completed indoors, with no regard to weather! Here is one that I completed today.



Yesterday, at the ReStore, I purchased a glass/brass light shade for $5.00. While at Hobby Lobby today, I picked up a gold charger plate for $1.99. I also used a knob that I previously purchased at Hobby Lobby, for about $1.50 on sale. Total cost of this project is about $8.50, excluding the hot glue gun/sticks, which I already had.





This was so easy! I just removed the knob from the screw and hot glued the knob to the hole in the top of the glass shade. I'm going to add a decorative beaded ribbon of sorts around the spot where the knob meets the shade. (Just to clean it up a bit and make it look more fabulous!) I'll post another picture once I have that done.

There are some great glass shades out there.....go find one and make one of these for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment